It Takes Teamwork-Nehemiah 2 and 3
Each of us has a wall that God wants us to build. We are called to build families, relationships and most of all God's kingdom. As I work at building into the lives of my children and students along with those around me, I want to remember building takes time, energy and hard work. Some days as I raise my children and teach my students, it can seem easier to take short cuts and maybe just want to quit. It takes work and endurance.
Here are some principles from a podcast on Nehemiah 3 by Pete Briscoe.
When we are building
1. We might serve out of our training.
2. We might serve out of our experience.
3. We might serve more that others.
4. We might serve around our home.
5. We might expend enormous energy for the good of the body.
6. We might serve even when it doesn't benefit us.
Great reminders for any work.
Dear God, Thank you for your work that is going on all around the world. Help me to keep building at the wall you have given me. May I be faithful and diligent to the task even when I am tired and discouraged. Amen