Things to Remember When the Known Becomes the Unknown
1. Expect things will be different.
2. Comparing things to how they were last year doesn't help but just gets a person frustrated.
3. Remember God works best when I have given him all my expectations.
4. Be flexible and patient.
5. Don't be a know it all but be ready to give advice when appropriate.
6. Seek to understand instead of reacting.
7. Remember why I am teaching at this school and focus on the goal.
8. Reach out to the new guys. Everyone can use a friend.
9. It's okay to miss how things were as long as I don't stay in the past and take others with me.
10. Pray. Pray. Pray.
Dear God, You make all things new. I give you my expectations. I give you my worries. Help me this year to focus on you and the opportunities you have for me. Prepare me and equip me to best teach the students you send my way. Give us solutions to problems that seem bigger than us. Help us to meet the challenges that come our way. In all things may you be glorified. Amen