The last week has been a challenging one for me. It is funny that the things like our well pump breaking and getting sick weren't that big of a deal. On the other hand, computer and transportation glitches and missing calculators seemed to be more than I could handle. I would like to say I handled it all gracefully. Let me just say confession is good for the soul. I was thinking about why the later things bothered me more. My conclusion was that I felt like a victim. I felt I was being taken advantage of and it was unfair. As I prayed and confessed, I was reminded of these things.
1. Unless I am experiencing abuse, I am probably not a victim. People were not out to harm me or make me miserable. Life happens.
2. I have a part to play in the drama. I am not faultless. I have a choice to respond or react.
3. Communicate and work to fix the problem. Apologize to others when necessary.
4. Don't take your frustration out on someone else especially when it is not their fault.
5. Don't wait until right before you go to bed to debrief your husband making him not able to sleep.
6. What comes out is what is inside of me. Yikes!! A signal I need to be at the feet of my Savior.
7. Give it all to God. Lay it out before Him. He can handle all my confusions, frustrations, and mess ups.
8. My emotions should be an indicator of what I am feeling but shouldn't dictate my actions. I am still working on how to make this more of a reality.
9. I need a break from work. (Thankfully one starts tomorrow.)
10. My God and husband love me in spite of all my drama.
Dear God, Thank you for your grace and forgiveness. Help me to work through the glitches of the last week. Take my emotions that want to hijack me and replace them with your love and grace for those I am communicating with. Give solutions to the problems at hand. And if you wouldn't mind, maybe you could have the government officially call that holiday for tomorrow. May you be glorified in all my interactions. Amen